French fries...Korean style!
Check out this legit fry recipe from the hippest food truck in Austin, TX!!!
Spicy Chicken Kimchi Fries
Spicy Chicken (Recipe below), 1lb
French Fries, 1lb 8oz
Kimchi ,8 oz
Vegetable oil, 1 tsp
Cheese, 1 cup
Onions 2 tbsp
Magic Sauce, ½ cup
Sriracha ½ cup
Chopped cilanteo, 2 tbsp
Sesame seeds 1 tsp
1. Deep fry or bake French fries until golden brown, 6-7 mins in the oven and 20-25 mins in the oven.
2. Caramelize kimchi in a pan with 1 tsp of oil.
3. Place cooked fries on a plate or platter.
4. Top fries with Spicy Chicken.
5. Place caramelized kimchi over Spicy Chicken.
6. Place onions over Spicy Chicken and caramelized kimchi.
7. Top with shredded cheese.
8. In a zigzag motion, squeeze magic sauce over the cheese.
9. In the opposite direction, zigzag Sriracha sauce over Magic Sauce.
10. Top with chopped cilantro.
11. Finish with roasted sesame seeds.
Spicy Chicken Recipe
Chicken Thigh, Boneless 1lb
Yellow onion, ½ lb
Vinegar, 2 oz
Sugar, 2 oz
Ground Ginger, ¼ tsp
Garlic Powder, ¼ tsp
Black pepper, ¼ tsp
Water, ½ cup
Gochujang Red Pepper Paste, 1/2 lb
Soy sauce, 2 oz
Gochugaru Red Pepper flakes, 1 oz
Lemon Lime soda, ½ cup
1. Blend all ingredients in a blender until purred and set aside.
2. Pan-fry chicken thigh in oil for 10 minutes on each side.
3. Remove chicken from pan, cover, and let rest for 10 additional minutes.
4. After chicken has rested, dice in to 1-1 1/2”
5. Return chicken to heated and oiled pan and add spicy chicken marinade.
6. Cook until sauce has reduced and all chicken is fully coated.
Magic Sauce Recipe:
Mayonnaise- ½ cup
Shichimi Togarashi Seasoning, 2 tsp
1. Add all ingredients into mixing bowl.
2. Mix with a wire whisk until evenly blended.
3. Refrigerate until ready to use.