Wow your friends and family with this almost too cute to eat Easter chick egg tarts!
Ingredients(8ea)Tart Dough :
60g Butter, soften
40g Powdered sugar
1 Egg yolk
100g Cake Flour
25g Almond powder
80g Egg yolk
50ml Heavy cream
1/2tsp Vanilla extract
Chocolate pen for decoration
1. We are going to make the dough first. Beat soften butter and shift powdered suger and salt into the bowl and whisk. Add egg yolk and shift flour and almond flour. Combine and fold with a spatula until it forms one solid ball. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Bring milk, cream and vanilla to a boil until it foams a little. Whisk egg yolk and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add milk mixture into the bowl, keep whisking. Shift through.
3. Transfer the dough on floured flat surface, sprinkle flour on the dough too. Start rolling, changing the angle of your rolling pin as you go to get an even shape and thickness. Cut dough using a tart shell.
4. Place the dough into the tart shells and pour the filling. Bake at 340F/170C for 20-25mins.
5. Cool down and decorate Easter chick face on the tarts! It’s the easy, cute and tasty perfect Easter recipe!