Make everyone’s mouth water at your table with this crispy and cheesy potato balls!
5 medium-size potatoes (or 3 cups mashed potatoes)
1/2 cup chopped carrot, zucchini, onion, ham (each)
12 cube cheese
1 cup flour
1 cup bread crumbs
2 eggs (beaten)
salt & pepper
1. First, boil the potatoes with 1 tbsp salt until they get tender. Meanwhile, stir-fry chopped vegetables over medium heat for about 5 minutes. you can simply use instant mashed potatoes.
2. Peel the potatoes and mash them up with a fork and let them chill for 10 minutes or more. You can add little bit of soften butter or milk for your creamy mashed potatoes. Add stir-fried ingredients onto the mashed potatoes. Season with salt, pepper and parsley flakes. Mix them well.
3. Take a scoop of the potato mixture, form it into a ball, and then flatten slightly. Press a cube of your favorite cheese into the center of the ball and pack the potato mixture around the cheese. Continue until all the potato mixture is used up.
4. Dip in the flour, then beaten egg, and roll through bread crumbs. Fry each ball in shallow oil until golden brown on all sides. Drain on paper towels.
5. Serve warm with ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce. It’s a great idea for appetizer or leftover mashed potatoes! Also, you can enjoy fried mashed potatoes and melting cheese at the same time! What can I ask for more?