Ready to make a beautiful and delicious hot pot? It’s so easy to make, you will be surprised. You can treat yourself with this heart-warming dish, or treat your friends and family with this fancy and healthy meal.
Ingredients(serving size: 3)
1lb thinly sliced bulgogi
1 Korean cabbage
2 bunches of perilla leaves
5-6 bok choy
2-3 Shiitake mushroom
2 enoki mushroom
1-2 oyster mushrooms
Broth: 6cups water, 10 dried anchovy, 3 dried seaweeds, 1 thick slice of Korean radish, 1/2tbsp soy sauce, pinch of sea salt
Ponzu sauce (optional): 2tbsp soy sauce, 1tbsp vinegar, 1/2tbsp corn syrup, 1tbsp sugar, 1tbsp minced onion
1. In a large pot, put all the dry broth ingredients and water. Boil for 10 minutes. Take dried seaweeds out and boil for 10 more minutes. Don’t leave the seaweeds more than 20 minutes, it will make bitter taste. Drain all the ingredients and put soy sauce and sea salt to taste.
2. Layer a slice of cabbage, two perilla leaves, and bulgogi. Repeat 4-5 times. Start and finish with cabbage.
3. Cut the cabbage tower into half or third. Measure your pot’s height, and cut it to the pot’s height. They will look fabulous all together if you cut them little over the pot.
4. Spread bok choy on the pot. Place cabbage and meat layers on top of bok choy. Start around edge of pot. Fill up empty middle with 3 types of mushrooms.
5. Pour the broth into pot. Bring it to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until all ingredients are fully cooked.
6. You can enjoy this hot pot on a table while it’s boiling. Perfect for chilly days!