Here’s a new menu for the BIG GAME! Let’s make our Korean beef sliders using kimchi, cheese, and mayo sauce!
Ingredients (serving size: 9ea)Beef & Marinade: 1 ½ lb beef for bulgogi (Sliced ribeye roll), 1 cup onion, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp minced garlic, 1 tbsp chopped scallion, 2 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp sesame seeds, black pepper
Bread: 9 slider buns, ½ stick melted butter, skewers
Sauce: 4 tbsp mayonnaise, 2 tbsp mustard, 2 tbsp ketchup
Topping: 1 ½ cup kimchi, 1 tbsp sesame oil, 2 cups thinly sliced scallion, 3 slices cheddar cheese, 1 cup red cabbage, 2 cups lettuce, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp sugar, pickled cucumbers
*Preheat the oven to 400°F.1. First, cover the beef with paper towel and let it rest for 10 minutes. In the meantime, mix all the ingredients for the marinade. Combine the marinade with beef and let it rest in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
2. While the beef is being marinated, let’s make our sauce! Combine mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard and mix well.
3. Brush the buns with melted butter and pop them in the oven for 5 minutes on 400°F.
4. Let’s cook our beef! Add a splash of oil on a pan and stir fry the onion on medium heat. When the onion changes color, add the beef and continue to cook until the beef is fully cooked.
5. Chop the kimchi into small pieces and then stir fry it with 1 tbsp sesame oil. Add 1 tsp sesame seeds to garnish.
6. Shall we combine them together? Layer each bun with lettuce, and then some beef. Use the following steps to create your own bulgogi sliders!
1) Cheese Bulgogi Slider
Lettuce, Beef, Cheddar cheese, Sliced scallion, Pickled cucumber
2) Kimchi Bulgogi Slider
Lettuce, Beef, Stir-fried kimchi, Sliced scallion
3) Bulgogi Slider with Mayo Sauce
Lettuce, Beef, *Red cabbage, Mayo sauce
*Mix the red cabbage with 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp sugar beforehand
Small yet filling! Try making some bulgogi sliders for the BIG GAME!