Spring is here! Make shrimp light in one bite with our coconut shrimp recipe, baked!
Ingredients (Serving size: 20ea)
20 ea. shrimp
Soaking: ½ lemon (or 1 tbsp lemon juice), salt & pepper
1 cup flour or starch
1 cup coconut flakes, Sweeten
Honey mustard sauce: 5 tbsp mustard, 2 tbsp mayonnaise, 2 tbsp honey, a pinch of salt & pepper
*Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C)
1. First, we should peel and devein shrimp. Pull off the legs and shell, but leave the tall on for this recipe! Score the shrimp along its back with a knife and pull out the vein. Rinse the shrimp.
2. After cleaning, place shrimp in a shallow bowl and squeeze half a lemon, put a pinch of salt and pepper. Rest them for 10 minutes to soak.
3. Place a cup of flour, coconut flakes and beaten eggs in a separate shallow bowl. Work with one shrimp at a time, dredge it in the flour, then dip it in the egg, and roll it in the coconut. Make sure to coat the shrimp well. Place on the coated baking sheet with olive oil, and repeat with the remaining shrimp.
4. Bake the shrimp for 20 minutes until the meat is no longer transparent in the center and the coconut is browned.
5. Make honey mustard sauce by mixing the sauce ingredients while baking shrimp.
You won’t believe how easy this to make, and how soon disappear from your table!