Deliver your heart and thanks with this lovely colorful tiramisu in a cup! So easy.
Ingredients (serving 9-12ea)
2 -7oz Italian Lady fingers or Castella(sponge cake)
1tsp Matcha powder
1cup Cold espresso
1cup Strawberry syrup
Cocoa powder for dust
6 large egg yolks
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup mascarpone or cream cheese (room temperature)
1 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Combine egg yolks and sugar in the top of a double boiler, over boiling water. Reduce heat to low, and cook for about 10 more minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and whip yolks until thick and light-yellow color. When it's cooled down, add cream cheese to whipped yolks, beat until combined.
2. In a separate bowl, whip heavy cream to stiff peaks. Gently fold the whipped cream in the cream cheese mixture and set aside. Keep it in the fridge until you need to use it.
3. Make cold matcha syrup by mixing 5g matcha powder and 20g sugar into 100g hot water, and cool it down. Dip the cookies or cakes into the matcha syrup or cold espresso or strawberry syrup just long enough to get them wet, do not soak them!
4. Arrange each flavored cakes in each cups. Spoon the cream cheese filling over the cakes. Repeat process twice until fill up the cup.
5. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Dust with cocoa for original flavor, matcha powder for match, top one strawberry for strawberry. Finish with cute messages on the cup or decorations. Wish the best 2019 for your loved ones!