Doesn’t chocolate you receive on Valentine’s Day taste better? Enjoy our chocolate cupcake recipe with some lovely pink raspberry buttercream frosting on top!
Ingredients(Serving: 12 cupcakes)Cupcake batter: 1lb chocolate cupcake mix (sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, oil, salt, soda bicarbonate included) 2 eggs, 100ml milk (3.4 fluid oz), ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
Frosting: 2 cups powdered sugar, ½ cup unsalted butter, 1tbsp raspberry preservative
1. First, let’s preheat the oven to 380F degrees. Take the eggs and the unsalted butter out from the fridge and let them turn room temperature. Add ½ cup of butter into a bowl then begin mixing using a hand mixer. Continue adding the ingredients in the following order. (eggs, milk, cake mix)
* Don’t forget to use a spatula to scrape in the mixture on the side of the bowl!2. In a cupcake pan, cover each cup with baking cup liner and pour in the batter up to 80% of the cup. When you are done filling up the cups, let’s bake them in the oven for 20 minutes!
3. While the cupcakes are being baked in the oven, let’s make our raspberry frosting. First, beat 1 stick of unsalted butter in a bowl for about 5 minutes using a hand mixer on high speed setting. Gradually add 2 cups of sifted powdered sugar while combining the mixture with a hand mixer on low speed setting. Continue to mix for 1-2 minutes.
4. When the frosting turns creamy in texture, add the raspberry preservative and continue to mix under low speed setting for about a minute.
5. When the cupcakes are done, take them out of the oven and let them rest in the cupcake pan for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, take them out and continue to cool them on a cooling tray. When the cupcakes are completely cooled down, use an icing tool or a vinyl bag to frost them.
6. Let’s decorate the cupcakes! Top the cupcakes with crushed chocolate, cookies, sprinkles, and raspberry to make them pretty! How about some homemade cupcakes for your loved ones this Valentine’s day?