You've probably had chicken wings before, but Korean chicken wings are insanely addictive, sweet, spicy and crispiest ever!
3 lb. chicken wings
1 bottle beer
1.5 cups corn starch
2 tbsp minced garlic
salt & pepper
Sauce : 6 tbsp honey, 6 tbsp ketchup, 4 tbsp gochujang (hot pepper paste), 2 tbsp red pepper powder, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2tbsp sugar
Garnish idea : almond, peanuts, or sesame seeds
1. Season cleaned chicken wings with salt and pepper and then soak them in the beer for an hour.
2. After an hour of soaking, take the chicken out from the beer and put 1.5 cups of corn starch. Add 5 tbsp cold water. If you put some ice on it, it will make the chicken a lot more crispy!
3. Pour enough cooking oil into deep frying pan or pot, and heat it up onto high-heat(around 360°F). You will know when to put chicken by dropping a little piece of chicken or batter. If it raises up immediately, that is the time! Fry chicken until it turns to golden brown.
4. Make the sauce using the ingredients above.
5. Put 3 tbsp of cooking oil and 2 tbsp of minced garlic onto large pan or wok, and stir-fry it until the garlic starts turning into golden. Add the sauce and stir-fry more for 3-5 mins. Then add chicken on it. Keep stir-frying until the sauce and chicken mix well.
6. You can garnish with almond, peanuts or sesame seeds. Now we have this sweet, spicy and crispy chicken wings, so make sure you have beer to totally nail the dinner!