Okonomiyaki is hard the pronounce, easy to make. It's a Japanese dish made simple using Korean pancake mix. Just add kimchi which gives it nice crunch and little bit of spiciness. Come try this beautiful Asian-mixed recipe!
2cups shredded cabbage
1cup julienne onion
1cup shrimp (peeled and deveined)
Batter : 2 eggs, 1.5cup Korean unsweet pancake mix(or okonomiyaki flour), 1cup water
Topping: 2cups katsuobushi (bonito flakes), pork cutlet sauce, mayonnaise, chopped scallion
Prep: Soak shrimp into mirin for 10-20minutes. Squeeze kimchi to remove its juice, then chop it up. Cut bacon into 1 inch.
1. To make batter, beat 2 eggs in a mixing bowl, add Korean pancake mix (unsweet) and water, whisk well.
2. Add cabbage, onion, bacon, kimchi into the batter. You can add shrimp as well, but we wanted to add it on the top of the batter mixture. Gently mix it.
3. Heat up your fry-pan or griddle, skillet to medium-high heat. Add some oil. Take a scoop of the mixture with your soup ladle. Nicely pour it and spread in a circle. Put some shrimp on the top of it. Press down using a spatula to flatten out the top.
4. Once the edges are firmed and bottom is golden brown, flip it. 5minutes later, turn off the heat. Then drizzle pork cutlet sauce and mayo. Put half cup of Katsuobushi on top, garnish with chopped scallion to give it nice freshness.
5. Serve immediately. Take a bite, and enjoy!