Imagine the combination of crispy outside & soft inside pork belly and sour & sweet kimchi-wine sauce! Today, the flavor-world of pork belly will be unlocked!
2lb. pork belly
1 cup sliced kimchi
2 cups red cabbage
1 cup red wine
1 tbsp sugar
kosher salt & ground pepper
Side : potatoes & garlic cloves
*Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.1. Score the fresh pork belly and then season generously with salt, pepper and sage.
2. Sear the pork on the high-heat pan with 1 tbsp olive oil until every part turning golden brown.
3. After searing, put wedge-cut potato, garlic, sage, salt and pepper into oven tray with 2 tbsp of olive oil and the pork. Bake them in the oven for 25 minutes on 360°F/180°C. Flip once to make sure both side of pork gets crispy evenly.
4. While the pork is cooked, we should stir-fry the sliced kimchi on the same pan we cooked pork. Kimchi tastes best with pork oil! Take out some sage and impurities to make the oil clean.
5. When the kimchi turns little clear, pour 1 cup red wine and 1tbsp sugar. Put 2 cups of red cabbage when the wine is reduced half and stir-fry it 5 minutes more.
6. Plate the pork and some potatoes, garlics with the sauce nicely. You will find the pork belly and kimchi-wine sauce make perfect harmony. This looks and tastes like a 5 stars hotel restaurant dish, you must try!