So soft, So fluffy! Festive looking fancy brunch at home!
2 egg yolk
4tbsp whole milk
2tbsp vegetable oil
6tbsp all-purpose flour
1tsp baking powder
1/2tsp vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
meringue: 4 egg whites, 2tbsp sugar
1. First, whisk egg yolk and sugar until pale. Add oil and milk, whisk well. Shift flour and baking powder together into the bowl and whisk. The batter should be a little sticky. Then add a pinch of salt and vanilla extract and give it a good whisk. Set aside.
2. Using a hand mixer, start whisking egg white on low speed. When it becomes a form, add a half of sugar. Keep whisking until the sugar dissolve, add the rest of the sugar. When all the sugar dissolves and meringue looks shiny, turn the speed to high and whisk until stiff peak forms.
3. Add meringue into the batter in 3times. Combine 80-90%, then fold them until it’s completely mixed.
4. Heat the electric griddle on low. Grease the surface slightly with vegetable oil. Ladle the batter evenly, cover, cook for 3-5 minutes until nice golden brown. Flip it over and cook for another 3-5mins.
5. Garnish with sugar powder and whipped cream or sweet butter and serve with some fruits and syrup! It’s so soft and fluffy, feels like you eat clouds!