How to endure the hot, exhausting summer? A bowl of spicy kimchi noodle will save you.
Ingredients(serving size: 2)
2 bunches of somen noodles
Kimchi sauce: 1tbsp sesame oil, 1tsp sugar, 1/2tsp sesame seeds
Sauce: 2tbsp red pepper flakes, 1/2tbsp minced garlic, 2tbsp soy sauce, 1tbsp vinegar, 1tbsp mirin, 2 ½tbsp corn syrup, 1tbsp sesame oil, salt
Garnish: boiled egg
1. In a mixing bowl, mix chopped kimchi and kimchi sauce ingredients. Make sure your kimchi is ripe enough. It shouldn’t be too sour or stiff.
2. Make sweet, spicy, and tangy sauce using sauce ingredients.
3. Bring a big pot to a boil and put somen noodles in. Cook according to the package description. Put some cold water twice while boiling to get more chewy texture. Drain and rinse with cold water using colander.
4. Transfer the noodles to a mixing bowl. Mix with the sauce using chopsticks.
5. Top with spring mix, kimchi, apple. Garnish with a boiled egg.
6. Serve immediately. The noodles will expand and become soggy as time passes. Enjoy right away!