This is a whole new idea for the holidays. Let’s get started!
1ea Squid, cleaned
1cup Pork, julienned
1cup Bell pepper, julienne
¼ Onion, julienned
1tbsp Garlic, minced
2tbps Scallion, chopped
Salt & pepper
1ea Tooth pick
Dipping sauce : 1T honey, 1T lemon juice, 1T olive oil
Garnish : cranberry, dill
1. Heat up your pan over medium, start with 1tbsp of any oil, gently stir-fry it with scallion and garlic. Before they get brown, add pork, keep stirring and cook. When pork gets mild-brown, add bell peppers and onion, then salt and pepper to taste. When pork is golden brown and onion gets transparent, turn off the heat and set aside.
2. Place a cleaned squid onto your work surface, stuff all stir-fried ingredients into the squid. Close with a tooth pick.
3. In a big pot and wok, bring a water to boil, put a steamer into the wok. Turn down the heat to medium, place a stuffed squid, cover.
4. In the meantime, make a dipping or drizzle sauce by mixing the three ingredients.
5. Cut half depth of squid every half inch, flip and cut cross intricately on the other side.
Garnish with dill and cranberry to mood up your happy holiday!